Hogwarts: Starting Anew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 years after the fall of Voldemort, Hogwarts is starting over. But just as there are new beginnings, new evils rise as well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hogwarts is currently on Summer Holiday and is not open. Only Professors and Staff may post there unless you are given my permission. School will resume when we have at least 30 students active.

Welcome to Holloway's!

Go down 
+4
Maxine Macdonald
Scarlett Selwyn
Etxe Grazie
Oliver Holloway
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Oliver Holloway
Owner of Holloway's Wand Shop
Oliver Holloway

Galleons : 317

Welcome to Holloway's! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Oliver sat at his crafting table with his back facing the counter, working on a wand, when he heard the door chime. Turning his head towards the door, he saw a customer enter the shop. He stood up and brushed his hands off, " Hello there! Welcome to Holloway's Wand Shop! I'm Oliver."
Oliver waited for the customer to respond, then said,"Well it's nice to meet you! Now, before I match you with a wand, I'm going to have to ask you a few questions. Nothing too hard, just a couple of quick things."

Code:
[color=black]Character's Birthday:
Hogwarts House:
Strongest Class:
Are You Tall, Average, or of Short Height?:
Profile Completed: [/color]

"Alright, thank you, I think I have enough to go on! Wands are 7 Galleons, so I'll go and find yours now."

Example of Application:
Character's Birthday: February 4th
Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff
Strongest Class: Charms
Are You Tall, Average, or of Short Height?: Average
Profile Completed: Yes

Last edited by Oliver Holloway on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Etxe Grazie
Gryffindor Student
Etxe Grazie

Galleons : 302

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Etxe walked up to the Holloway's storefront with a sigh. She had just transferred to Hogwarts from her school in Italy, and she now had to get a new wand. The core in it wasn't approved in England, so she wasn't allowed to bring it with her. This saddened her greatly, as she had had that wand since she was 11, and she doubted this "Holloway" could make a better one for her. Still, as she pushed open the door, she put on a smile and walked up to the counter. When the store clerk turned to face her and introduced himself as Oliver, she decided he couldn't be so bad, though she still doubted his skills.
"Hello, Signor Oliver, how nice to meet you as well. I am obviously in need of a new wand, and I hope you can give me one that will suit my needs," She handed over the required 7 Galleons and waited for her wand.

Character's Birthday: June 22nd
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor
Strongest Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts

Back to top Go down
Oliver Holloway
Oliver Holloway

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Etxe Grazie wrote:
Etxe walked up to the Holloway's storefront with a sigh. She had just transferred to Hogwarts from her school in Italy, and she now had to get a new wand. The core in it wasn't approved in England, so she wasn't allowed to bring it with her. This saddened her greatly, as she had had that wand since she was 11, and she doubted this "Holloway" could make a better one for her. Still, as she pushed open the door, she put on a smile and walked up to the counter. When the store clerk turned to face her and introduced himself as Oliver, she decided he couldn't be so bad, though she still doubted his skills.
"Hello, Signor Oliver, how nice to meet you as well. I am obviously in need of a new wand, and I hope you can give me one that will suit my needs," She handed over the required 7 Galleons and waited for her wand.

Character's Birthday: June 22nd
Strongest Class: Defense Against the Dark Arts

Oliver eyed the girl that had entered his shop, and waited for her to introduce herself, but she never did. He detected a strong Italian accent, so he figured she was a transfer student. He was a bit surprised when the girl called him "Signor Oliver", no one had ever called him that before, and it was a bit unsettling.

After she had answered his questions, Oliver headed into the back to find her perfect wand. He presented it to her with a flourish.

Your wand is:

Oak and Phoenix Feather, 9 and 1/2 inches, Sturdy
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Selwyn
Slytherin Student
Scarlett Selwyn

Galleons : 310

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Scarlett stood in front of the wand shop, staring at it speculatively. Her own wand, still resting in the sleeve of her left arm, was no longer of use to her. It's core was made of Merrow hair, which is an illegal substance for the use of wand-making in Scotland, so she'd not be allowed to use it at Hogwarts. A local wizard had directed Scarlett to her current location to purchase a regulation wand. The shop appeared to be new, which worried her. Scarlett's father had once told her that the only decent wands are those made by wandmakers who've had decades of experience. Her eyes drifted to the sign in front of the door, and she recognized the name on the placard; Holloway's. Realizing that this was a descendant of Frederick Holloway, the celebrated wandmaker, all doubt of the man's capabilities fled her mind as she entered the shop.

The door chimed and the shop-owner welcomed her, then inquired of her name. “My name's Scarlett. Scarlett Selwyn.” He proceeded to ask her a few simple questions about herself.

Character's Birthday: June 6th
Hogwarts House: Slytherin
Strongest Class: Transfiguration

She handed the wandmaker 7 Galleons, and eagerly awaited her new wand.

Last edited by Scarlett Selwyn on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsanew.rpg-board.net/t44-scarlett-selwyn
Oliver Holloway
Oliver Holloway

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Scarlett Selwyn wrote:
Scarlett stood in front of the wand shop, staring at it speculatively. Her own wand, still resting in the sleeve of her left arm, was no longer of use to her. It's core was made of Merrow hair, which is an illegal substance for the use of wand-making in Scotland, so she'd not be allowed to use it at Hogwarts. A local wizard had directed Scarlett to her current location to purchase a regulation wand. The shop appeared to be new, which worried her. Scarlett's father had once told her that the only decent wands are those made by wandmakers who've had decades of experience. Her eyes drifted to the sign in front of the door, and she recognized the name on the placard; Holloway's. Realizing that this was a descendant of Frederick Holloway, the celebrated wandmaker, all doubt of the man's capabilities fled her mind as she entered the shop.

The door chimed and the shop-owner welcomed her, then inquired of her name. “My name's Scarlett. Scarlett Selwyn.” He proceeded to ask her a few simple questions about herself.

Character's Birthday: June 6th

She handed the wandmaker 7 Galleons, and eagerly awaited her new wand.

Oliver looked up at the customer when the door chimed with scrutiny. She seemed to carry herself with a certain air of integrity, though Oliver couldn't quite place it. She introduced herself as Scarlett Selwyn, and he quickly came out of his thoughts. "Nice to meet you, Scarlett. I'm Oliver Holloway."

After Scarlett answered his questions, he nodded and disappeared into the rows of shelves to find her wand. He found it promptly and returned to the counter.

Your wand is:
Cherry and Dragon Heartstring, 12 inches, Unyielding
Back to top Go down
Maxine Macdonald
Gryffindor Student
Maxine Macdonald

Galleons : 207

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Maxine walked briskly to the shop labelled "Holloway's." Her old wand, as she was already beginning to think of it, had always been somewhat temperamental. She wasn't sure if it was that the core was simply unruly or that the wand-maker responsible for the match was untalented, but she hoped her new wand would be more agreeable. Upon reaching the Holloway's, she swung the door open rather forcefully and the bell chimed loudly.
She saw a man, the shop-owner presumably, sitting at a table when she entered. He stood and greeted her.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Maxine!" she practically spouted. To be fair, she was rather excited to get her new wand.
He asked her a few questions, which Maxine answered anxiously.
Code:
Character's Birthday: November 19
Are You Tall, Average, or of Short Height?: Tall

She gave Oliver 7 Galleons and watched as he left to find her a proper wand.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Holloway
Oliver Holloway

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Maxine Macdonald wrote:
Maxine walked briskly to the shop labelled "Holloway's." Her old wand, as she was already beginning to think of it, had always been somewhat temperamental. She wasn't sure if it was that the core was simply unruly or that the wand-maker responsible for the match was untalented, but she hoped her new wand would be more agreeable. Upon reaching the Holloway's, she swung the door open rather forcefully and the bell chimed loudly.
She saw a man, the shop-owner presumably, sitting at a table when she entered. He stood and greeted her.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Maxine!" she practically spouted. To be fair, she was rather excited to get her new wand.
He asked her a few questions, which Maxine answered anxiously.
Code:
Character's Birthday: November 19

She gave Oliver 7 Galleons and watched as he left to find her a proper wand.

Oliver gave a little start as the door to his shop swung open suddenly and the chime rang out. Quickly recovering, he turned around calmly to greet the customer. Upon introducing himself, the girl, who appeared to be a student, nearly yelled out a response. She seemed a bit excitable, which was fine, but he usually saw that in the first years. It was rare to see someone at a later age so excited to get a wand, and a new one at that. It was refreshing, Oliver thought. Most people were often glum and frustrated when they came to purchase a replacement wand.

Oliver asked the customer, who had introduced herself as Maxine, his routine questions. While she answered them, she seemed rather anxious, so Oliver simply smiled and quickly went to retrieve the right wand.

Your wand is:
Willow and Unicorn Hair, 13 and 1/4 inches, Flexible
Back to top Go down
Jade Hawk
Ravenclaw Student
Jade Hawk

Galleons : 203

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:11 pm

With her old wand in hand, Jade pushed the door to Holloway's with her other, hearing the tinkle of the bell to signify her entrance. She was amazed by the inside of the shop, seeing rows and rows of boxes, all containing a single wand, ready to find their new witch or wizard.

Jade looked down at the wand that had served her for the past four years. It felt comfortable in her hand, but alas, would not serve her well at Hogwarts. She might have been able to carry it to school with her, despite the pealing tip and scratches down the sides, but the real reason that she had found herself in this shop, was because this wand was not technically hers. This wand had belonged to her mother, who then passed it down to Jade when she felt the time was right, but as her mother was still the rightful owner of this wand, Jade felt that it did not perform to its full potential in her hands. She needed a wand of her own, and although her birthday was over a month away, she considered this an early present.

Her attention was interrupted from her thoughts upon the wand in her hand to the man behind the counter. She listened to him introduce himself before responding, a smile on her face. "Hello, Oliver. My name is Jade. I was wondering if you could help me find a new wand today." She listend to his response and the questions that he asked her.

Character's Birthday: October 5th
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw

She told him everything that he had asked to know, anticipation and excitement welling up inside her. She would finally have a wand to call her own that would hopefully work a lot better for her. She wasn't too happy to discontinue using her mother's wand, but it was time to get her own, and for Hogwarts, she needed something in better condition.

Reaching into the bag slung over her shoulder, she retrieved 7 galleons for Oliver, and handed the money over to him.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Holloway
Oliver Holloway

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Jade Hawk wrote:
With her old wand in hand, Jade pushed the door to Holloway's with her other, hearing the tinkle of the bell to signify her entrance. She was amazed by the inside of the shop, seeing rows and rows of boxes, all containing a single wand, ready to find their new witch or wizard.

Jade looked down at the wand that had served her for the past four years. It felt comfortable in her hand, but alas, would not serve her well at Hogwarts. She might have been able to carry it to school with her, despite the pealing tip and scratches down the sides, but the real reason that she had found herself in this shop, was because this wand was not technically hers. This wand had belonged to her mother, who then passed it down to Jade when she felt the time was right, but as her mother was still the rightful owner of this wand, Jade felt that it did not perform to its full potential in her hands. She needed a wand of her own, and although her birthday was over a month away, she considered this an early present.

Her attention was interrupted from her thoughts upon the wand in her hand to the man behind the counter. She listened to him introduce himself before responding, a smile on her face. "Hello, Oliver. My name is Jade. I was wondering if you could help me find a new wand today." She listend to his response and the questions that he asked her.

Character's Birthday: October 5th

She told him everything that he had asked to know, anticipation and excitement welling up inside her. She would finally have a wand to call her own that would hopefully work a lot better for her. She wasn't too happy to discontinue using her mother's wand, but it was time to get her own, and for Hogwarts, she needed something in better condition.

Reaching into the bag slung over her shoulder, she retrieved 7 galleons for Oliver, and handed the money over to him.

Oliver was organizing some shelves in the back when he heard the chime signaling the entrance of a customer. He dusted his hands off and ventured towards the front.

This customer was a young girl, and appeared lost in thought. Oliver stood behind the counter patiently, with a small smile pulling at the corners of his mouth. After a few seconds, he cleared his throat gently and introduced himself. She responded likewise, smiling as well, and introduced herself as Jade.

"Pleasure to meet you, Jade." He then proceeded to inquire of her the usual questions, and as he did so, could see the anticipation threatening to burst from her. After hearing her answers, it took him a moment to locate the right wand. It seemed that many were calling out, yet none of them were the perfect match. He journeyed further into the recesses of the shop to find it, when at last he sensed it. It was feeble, but there, and it was definitely the wand for Jade. He bent down and rooted around in the shelves, trying to find the wand, and when he did, he clasped his hand around the box and pulled it out.

It was incredibly dusty, and Oliver recognized it as one of the wands his father had made. He brushed off the dust and returned to the counter. Oliver set down the box gently and, looking up at Jade, stated, "That's a right special wand you've got there; it was one of my dad's," he smiled. "You'll find no better."

Your wand is:
Hawthorne and Phoenix Feather, 7 and 3/4 inches, Loyal
Back to top Go down
James Charles
Gryffindor Student
James Charles

Galleons : 204

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:56 am

James held is old wand in his hand that was in to parts connected by a splinter of wood he started up the street to Holoways wand shop rather excited. It had been severely broken after a ruff duel with his neighbor. He walked into the store while chimes rang signaling the entrance of a customer with butterflies in his stomach and a smile on his face, James couldn't wait to gat a new bright and shiny wand. `hello Oliver, my name is James` I said to the store owner and walked up to the counter.

Character's Birthday: September 12
Hogwarts House: gryffindor
Strongest Class: defense against the dark arts
Are You Tall, Average, or of Short Height?: average/tall
Profile Completed:
yes
Back to top Go down
Alexandria Stonewell
Slytherin Student
Alexandria Stonewell

Galleons : 11

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 am

Alex walked into the wand shop and was sorely disappointing by what she saw, according to her, this whole hit and trial method was so inaccurate. Maybe someone should catalog stuff like that, she thought but she didn't voice it, reading the sign on the entrance of the shop. It listed stuff like your wand choosing you, and being different and all that chiz.

Well that explains it, she thought, reading the board in front of the shop, as she waited for the shopkeeper to finish with the customer before her.

Smiling, the shopkeeper called her up as the person before her paid. Knitting her eyebrows together, Alex walked up to the counter and brightly started talking to the shop owner as if she had always known him. "Does it matter, the different woods? And the core, and whatever does that mean? That my wand will choose me! Its a stick! But then, I suppose the answer would be magic! Right? I mean, everything in this world has answer of magic! Not that I mind it, its just...............well, a whole lot simpler, but I like to figure out stuff rationally. I mean, if I suddenly start levitating, the answer would be magic, but the logical explanation would be a spell cast by someone, no?" She chattered as she tapped her fingers on the tabletop.

"I am supposed to fill that right?" She asked as she held up the form kept on the table, and without waiting fro a response, she bent down and took one of the quills on the table, then inspected it, wondering what she was supposed to do. Shaking her head, she replaced the quill, and instead took out a black gel pen from her pocket. Her pocket was always filled to the brim with all sorts of junk and it took her about a minute to find the pen, in the process emptying her pockets completely and laying numerous food items, and marbles, and other odds and ends on the table. Suddenly she looked up and bit face palmed, muttering about how she hadn't even introduced herself, she straightened up and shrugged as she handed the form over, "By the way, I am Alex, well technically, Alexandria Stonewell, but we can skip the rest of it!"

Quote :
Character's Birthday: 5th July
Strongest Class: Defense Against The Dark Arts
Back to top Go down
Adrienne Mill
Ravenclaw Student
Adrienne Mill

Galleons : 204

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:20 pm

Adrienne walked into the wand shop a little disappointed, she was going to get a new wand and that meant she couldn't use her old one anymore. She reminded herself that her new wand might be better, and easier to use. She walked up to the shop owner and smiled, trying to look as friendly as possible. "Hello, Mr. Holloway. I'm Adrienne, I'm looking for a new wand." She smiled sheepishly, For what other reason do people walk into a wand shop, She thought, mentally sighing.

Character's Birthday: March, 14th.
Strongest Class: Muggle studies
Are You Tall, Average, or of Short Height?: Short.
Profile Completed: Yes.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Holloway
Oliver Holloway

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:07 pm

James Charles wrote:
James held is old wand in his hand that was in to parts connected by a splinter of wood he started up the street to Holoways wand shop rather excited. It had been severely broken after a ruff duel with his neighbor. He walked into the store while chimes rang signaling the entrance of a customer with butterflies in his stomach and a smile on his face, James couldn't wait to gat a new bright and shiny wand. `hello Oliver, my name is James` I said to the store owner and walked up to the counter.

Character's Birthday: September 12
Hogwarts House: gryffindor
Strongest Class: defense against the dark arts
Are You Tall, Average, or of Short Height?: average/tall
Profile Completed:
yes

Oliver stood up to meet the young man that entered his shop. He held out his hand to shake the boy's while introducing himself, and, after the customer responded, stepped back to examine him. He was young, and appeared rather anxious.
Upon asking what he could help the boy, who had introduced himself as James, with, he learned of his broken wand. "May I take a look at that wand?" Oliver inspected the splintered wood closely, and glanced up at the young man. He then asked James to wait for a few minutes, and moved to sit at his work table. Oliver carefully began to repair the wand, piece by piece. He re-inserted the core, smoothed the wood and added a fresh coat of varnish. Then, with a few muttered incantations, finished the job.

Oliver stood up and turned around, then handed the newly refurbished wand to James. "If you have a wand that can be fixed, it makes no sense to get a new one. A new wand often isn't as strong as your original," he admonished.

Your wand is:
Birch and Dragon Heartstring, 12 inches, Loyal

Alexandria Stonewell wrote:
Alex walked into the wand shop and was sorely disappointing by what she saw, according to her, this whole hit and trial method was so inaccurate. Maybe someone should catalog stuff like that, she thought but she didn't voice it, reading the sign on the entrance of the shop. It listed stuff like your wand choosing you, and being different and all that chiz.

Well that explains it, she thought, reading the board in front of the shop, as she waited for the shopkeeper to finish with the customer before her.

Smiling, the shopkeeper called her up as the person before her paid. Knitting her eyebrows together, Alex walked up to the counter and brightly started talking to the shop owner as if she had always known him. "Does it matter, the different woods? And the core, and whatever does that mean? That my wand will choose me! Its a stick! But then, I suppose the answer would be magic! Right? I mean, everything in this world has answer of magic! Not that I mind it, its just...............well, a whole lot simpler, but I like to figure out stuff rationally. I mean, if I suddenly start levitating, the answer would be magic, but the logical explanation would be a spell cast by someone, no?" She chattered as she tapped her fingers on the tabletop.

"I am supposed to fill that right?" She asked as she held up the form kept on the table, and without waiting fro a response, she bent down and took one of the quills on the table, then inspected it, wondering what she was supposed to do. Shaking her head, she replaced the quill, and instead took out a black gel pen from her pocket. Her pocket was always filled to the brim with all sorts of junk and it took her about a minute to find the pen, in the process emptying her pockets completely and laying numerous food items, and marbles, and other odds and ends on the table. Suddenly she looked up and bit face palmed, muttering about how she hadn't even introduced herself, she straightened up and shrugged as she handed the form over, "By the way, I am Alex, well technically, Alexandria Stonewell, but we can skip the rest of it!"

Quote :
Character's Birthday: 5th July
Strongest Class: Defense Against The Dark Arts

An excitable young girl entered his shop, and immediately began rapidly asking questions. Oliver listened attentively, a curious smile pulling at the corners of his mouth, but couldn't help but wonder when she was going to take a breath.
When the girl finally stopped, Oliver chuckled and started to answer her questions, only to have her start emptying her pockets of all their contents, before finally settling on a Muggle pen, and answer his. Oliver finished answering her many inquiries, then hurried into the rows of shelves to find a suitable wand.
He eventually returned proudly, sure he had retrieved the perfect wand.

Your wand is:
Ash and Phoenix Feather, 13 and 1/4 inches, Swishy

Adrienne Mill wrote:
Adrienne walked into the wand shop a little disappointed, she was going to get a new wand and that meant she couldn't use her old one anymore. She reminded herself that her new wand might be better, and easier to use. She walked up to the shop owner and smiled, trying to look as friendly as possible. "Hello, Mr. Holloway. I'm Adrienne, I'm looking for a new wand." She smiled sheepishly, For what other reason do people walk into a wand shop, She thought, mentally sighing.

Character's Birthday: March, 14th.
Strongest Class: Muggle studies
Are You Tall, Average, or of Short Height?: Short.
Profile Completed: Yes.

Oliver was in the back, sorting boxes, when he heard the shop door chime. He set the boxes aside, stood up, and brushed his hands off before venturing out into the open. He poked his head around the shelves to greet the customer before the rest of his body followed.
The young girl, Adrienne, answered his questions easily and quickly, and Oliver went off to match her with a wand.
This one was particularly difficult, but he eventually succeeded in finding just the right wand.
Oliver returned to Adrienne with a smile and a flourish.

Your wand is:
Oak and Unicorn Hair, 11 inches, Springy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Holloway's!   Welcome to Holloway's! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Holloway's!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Starting Anew :: Diagon Alley :: Holloway's Wand Shop-
Jump to:  
Our Affiliates
Welcome to Holloway's! Wwb-af11 Priori Incantatem YOU & WHOSE ARMY ?