Hogwarts: Starting Anew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 years after the fall of Voldemort, Hogwarts is starting over. But just as there are new beginnings, new evils rise as well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hogwarts is currently on Summer Holiday and is not open. Only Professors and Staff may post there unless you are given my permission. School will resume when we have at least 30 students active.

Flying Syllabus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karalyn Genocha
Headmistress
Karalyn Genocha

Galleons : 577

Flying Syllabus Empty
PostSubject: Flying Syllabus   Flying Syllabus Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:44 pm

This class will not only teach you the basics of Quidditch and flying, but it will also go into detail about the origin of Quidditch and the history of wizard-kind's time in flight. Each student will learn all about the history and development of broomsticks and the sport now known as Quidditch. It is also my job to sort out the true talent from the students that ought to keep their feet on the ground.

Lessons:
There will be one lesson a week throughout the school year, and a final exam at the end of the year. Each lesson will be graded accordingly:
-Attendance & Participation (25 pts.)
-Classwork/Quizzes (35 pts.)
-Homework (40 pts.)
--Final Exam (100 pts.)
*No extra credit will be given.

Attendance:
A 3 strike system will be put into place for attendance. If you are absent for this class without notifying me first, you will receive a strike. There are two ways to notify me about an absence, post in the away thread or owl me.
You will be given a warning after your second unexcused absence, but after the third, you will be removed from the class and set detention.

Homework:
All homework assignments will be due at the beginning of class, and count for 40 points toward each lesson grade. Excused absences have an extension of 3 days to turn in the missing assignment(s).

Grading:
In order to pass this class, you must receive at least an Acceptable. Grades will be posted periodically.
Scale:
"O" Outstanding = 400-500
"E" Exceeds Expectations = 320 - 399
"A" Acceptable = 240-319
"P" Poor = 160-239
"D" Dreadful = 80-159
"T" Troll = 0-79

Class Rules:

-School rules apply here
-Respect each other and myself
-Remain on topic during class
-All assignments must be turned in
-ANY kind of violence or tom-foolery will NOT be tolerated. If it happens you'll be automatically suspended.

~Karalyn Genocha
Headmistress and Flying Professor

To verify that you have read this, please copy, paste, and sign the following code.

Code:
[b]I, (name here), guarantee that I have read and do understand this syllabus.[/b]
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsanew.rpg-board.net

Flying Syllabus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Starting Anew :: Hogwarts :: Grounds :: Lawns-
Jump to:  
Our Affiliates
Flying Syllabus Wwb-af11 Priori Incantatem YOU & WHOSE ARMY ?