Hogwarts: Starting Anew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 years after the fall of Voldemort, Hogwarts is starting over. But just as there are new beginnings, new evils rise as well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hogwarts is currently on Summer Holiday and is not open. Only Professors and Staff may post there unless you are given my permission. School will resume when we have at least 30 students active.

Looking for a Book?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saoirse Riordan
Owner of Flourish and Blott's
Saoirse Riordan

Galleons : 333

Looking for a Book? Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a Book?   Looking for a Book? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Saoirse entered the shop bright and early, ready to start a new day at her new job. As soon as she crossed the threshold, a rush of wonderful scents came at her; parchment, ink, leather, and wood. She inhaled deeply and a broad smile spread across her face. She had always felt right at home here, and today was no different, other than the fact that this place now belonged to her, and she could stay as long as she liked. With a flick of her wand, Saoirse bathed the entire shop in a warm, bright light.

She walked to the counter and set her things down, then went once around the entire shop to make sure everything was in order. She then returned to the front and pulled her stool to the side of the counter. Saoirse pulled out a book, one of her favourites, and began to read.

A ways into her book, Saoirse looked up in surprise as the door chime rang out into the store. She closed her book, after first marking her page carefully, and stood up, taking a few steps toward the customer. “Hi there! Is there anything you need help with?”
Back to top Go down
Jade Hawk
Ravenclaw Student
Jade Hawk

Galleons : 203

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Book?   Looking for a Book? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Jade walked through the door to Flourish and Blott's, her new wand clutched protectively in her hand. It felt friendly and comforting, as though it had always been destined to belong to her. As the scent of leather and parchment filled her senses, she hoped that her new school books could bring a similar delight to her. Owning these books would make it feel more real to her that she was finally going to Hogwarts.

A voice caught her attention and she looked towards the counter where she saw a witch waiting to greet her. "Hi! Yes, in fact there is." Jade walked towards the witch and pulled her Hogwarts book list from her jacket pocket. "I'm Jade." she said, holding out her hand to the witch, smiling. "I'm entering my sixth year, but I don't have any of the books on my list." she indicated towards the parchment that listed all the books that she required, from The Standard Book of Spells to Flesh-Eating Trees of the World. "As my electives, I'm taking Care of Magical Creatures and Flying." Jade stopped for breath, catching the fact that she was so excited, her talking was speeding up by the second. After a moments pause, she continued. "I need The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 6, by Miranda Goshawk, Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage, Confronting the Faceless, Guide to Advanced Transfiguration by Emeric Switch, A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot, Goshawk's Guide to Herbology by Miranda Goshawk, Flesh-Eating Trees of the World, The Monster Book of Monsters, and Beating the Bludgers - A Study of Defensive Strategies in Quidditch by Kennilworthy Whisp."
Back to top Go down
Etxe Grazie
Gryffindor Student
Etxe Grazie

Galleons : 302

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Book?   Looking for a Book? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 pm

Etxe arrived in Diagon early that morning, hoping to get a headstart on her school shopping. She was off work that day, but decided to start her shopping with Flourish & Blotts.

She pushed open the door and treaded into the warm bookshop, and was instantly greeted by a rush of welcome. Not from any people, but from the feeling of being among so many books. Etxe heard a voice welcome to the shop and her attention was diverted to the person who spoke. It was Saoirse, the shop owner. Etxe greeted her warmly, "Hello, Saoirse. I'm just here to buy my books for school," she said. "Tanto la lettura! Lo adoro!", Etxe reverted to her native Italian to express her excitement.

Etxe had approached the purchase desk while speaking, and now pulled out her list of books. "These are all the books I need."

-The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 6) by Miranda Goshawk
-Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage
-Confronting the Faceless (DADA)
-Guide to Advanced Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
-A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
-Goshawk's Guide to Herbology by Miranda Goshawk
-Flesh-Eating Trees of the World
-Deeper into the Dark by Galaxia Merpheus
-Ancient Runes Made Easy
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Selwyn
Slytherin Student
Scarlett Selwyn

Galleons : 310

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Book?   Looking for a Book? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Scarlett strolled through the North Side of Diagon Alley, up to the shop labelled Flourish and Blotts. The warm light from the bookshop radiated into the nearby street, and Scarlett decided immediately that she rather enjoyed the welcoming atmosphere it provided.

Opening the door quietly, so as not to disturb any possible customers, Scarlett entered the shop and was greeted by the familiar scent of parchment and leather. She'd spent a large amount of her childhood in her grandfather's study, so the aromas of Flourish and Blotts were therefore somewhat nostalgic.

Feeling rather enraptured, Scarlett barely noticed the shopkeeper mark her page and move to greet her. Upon being asked if she needed assistance, she left her thoughts and turned to the speaker. Unsure whether the woman had already introduced herself, Scarlett decided not to ask her name but to move on to her business.

"Yes, actually. I'm looking to purchase a number of required texts for Hogwarts."

Scarlett retrieved her supply list from her handbag and began to read off the book titles.

"The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 6) by Miranda Goshawk, Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage, Confronting the Faceless, Guide to Advanced Transfiguration by Emeric Switch, A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot, Goshawk's Guide to Herbology by Miranda Goshawk, Flesh-Eating Trees of the World, Deeper into the Dark by Galaxia Merpheus and...The Monster Book of Monsters."
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsanew.rpg-board.net/t44-scarlett-selwyn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Book?   Looking for a Book? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Book?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Starting Anew :: Diagon Alley :: Flourish and Blotts-
Jump to:  
Our Affiliates
Looking for a Book? Wwb-af11 Priori Incantatem YOU & WHOSE ARMY ?